Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Tuesday 23 February 2010

{High-gloss in the kitchen}

Yesterday's post about the high-gloss walls in designer Miles Redd's Manhattan home left me wanting more. I soon found out that Miles definitely isn't afraid of using colour - just look at his kitchen! This is what I call being seriously brave; it's a tiny space but glossy green cabinets work really well and don't close the space in. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the green blind! Everything else, though, is a case study in how to use gloss units in a small kitchen. I'm impressed because this kitchen even makes me like the stainless steel in the worktops, which isn't usually my favourite material for a kitchen, so good work, Miles!

Image: House Beautiful (Thomas Loof)

3 comments:

  1. I liked the living room... but this kitchen is too much for me!! I think white, or lighter, wall would work much better for me!! actually, I have to agree with Miles' bravery!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dechicas! Yep, I can see this being far too much for many people and is certainly very brave. I like his bold use of colour, but couldn't live with it. I think it could work even harder if the units were softer and the green gloss was used as splashback and on the occasional drawer front - I think that would look quirky and add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kitchen is so fantastic! I love it when people are bold enough to saturate their homes with color. White walls are too stark for me - if I wasn't renting, I'd paint every wall in my house a vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/02/high-gloss-in-kitchen.html";